As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy, and we’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible.
- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use that information
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information
Who are Chi-Squared Innovations?
Chi-Squared Innovations (CSI) are a Software-as-a-Service company based in the UK. Our products and services are available globally, so it is important to us that we comply with all global and local laws regarding your personal data and what we do with it.
Your privacy matters to CSI, so whether you are new to CSI or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices. If at any time your personal information changes or if you have any questions contact us.
If you prefer to contact us by mail, our full contact details (as filed with our registration at Companies House) are:
Chi-Squared Innovations Limited9 Challum WalkBroughty FerryDundeeUnited KingdomDD5 3UU
Information that we collect
CSI is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data.
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from basics, such as where you’re based (i.e. which language you speak) to more complex things, such as which features you find most useful (so we know which bits to improve first).
We collect information in these ways:
- Information that you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for an Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, such as your name and email address. We may also collect information that you give us through other means, such as social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us
- Information that we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about when and how you use, view and interact with our services and programs. This information includes:
- Device information
- We may collect device-specific information (such as your operating system version, web browser version)
- Log information
- When you use our services we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service
- Internet protocol address
- device event information, such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your CSI Account
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
- We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a CSI service, which may include one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers sent to your device
- Analytics providers
- We may receive data from third party analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators
- Public information. We may collect information from publicly available sources, such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU, or what publications you have made
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
How we use information that we collect
We use the information that we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones and to protect CSI and our users.
When you contact CSI, we may keep a record of your communication to help resolve any issues that you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your location, we may be able to provide our services in your preferred language.
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
CSI may process personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
You can opt-out of any marketing messages by clicking on the unsubscribe button displayed at the bottom of every email sent to you.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc..
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and control certain types of information tied to your CSI Account
- Control who you share information with
- Take information out of many of our services
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Information that you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Our services provide you with different options for sharing and removing your content.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
Use of Testimonials
In accordance to with the FTC guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising, please be aware of the following:
- Testimonials that appear on this site are actually received via text, audio or video submission. They are individual experiences, reflecting real life experiences of those who have used our products and/or services in some way. They are individual results and results do vary. We do not claim that they are typical results. The testimonials are not necessarily representative of all of those who will use our products and/or services.
- The testimonials displayed in any form on this site (text, audio, video or other) are reproduced verbatim, except for correction of grammatical or typing errors. Some may have been shortened. In other words, not the whole message received by the testimonial writer is displayed when it seems too lengthy or not the whole statement seems relevant for the general public.
- CSI is not responsible for any of the opinions or comments posted on this website. This website is not a forum for testimonials, however, CSI provides testimonials as a means for customers to share their experiences with one another. To protect against abuse, all testimonials appear after they have been reviewed by management of CSI. CSI does not share the opinions, views or commentary of any testimonials on this website - the opinions are strictly the views of the testimonial source.
- The testimonials are never intended to make claims that our products and/or services can be used to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate or prevent any disease. Any such claims, implicit or explicit, in any shape or form, have not been clinically tested or evaluated.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so free of charge, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information that we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organisations and individuals outside CSI unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
- We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside CSI when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information
- With domain administrators
- If your CSI Account is managed for you by a domain administrator then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organisation will have access to your CSI Account information (including your emails and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your Account, such as statistics regarding applications that you use
- change your Account password
- suspend or terminate your Account access
- access or retain information stored as part of your Account
- receive your Account information in order to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings
- For external processing
- Other companies or brand products in our group who provide services to us
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services, such as email service providers, web hosting providers, etc.
- For legal reasons
- We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside CSI if we have a belief in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of CSI, our users or the public, as required or permitted by law
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners, such as publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
Transfer of data out of the European Economic Area (EEA)
Countries outside of the EEA do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third party service providers are based outside the EEA so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data, or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe, or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
We restrict access to parts (or all) of our website and reserve full rights to do so. If, at any point, we provide you with a username and password for you to access restricted areas of our website, you must ensure that both your username and password are kept confidential.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
From time to time we may review, recommend and/or link to external products, and in return we may receive affiliate compensation from the companies whose products we reviewed. We make all reasonable efforts to test each product and we recommend only the best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure:
- We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Rakuten (Linkshare) Affiliate Disclosure:
- We are a participant in the Rakuten Affiliate Network, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to RakutenMarketing.com and affiliated sites including, but not limited to, Udemy.
We work hard to protect CSI and our users from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL
- We may offer you two-step verification when you access your CSI Account
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems
- We restrict access to personal information to CSI employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
By using the CSI website you agree to these terms and conditions.
CSI is a company based in Scotland and any subsequent disputes or claims arising from the use of this site must be made and settled under Scottish law.
All website design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this site are copyright to CSI and are the intellectual property of CSI with the exception of the images associated with the features, content pages and news sections.
All images that are not the copyright of CSI have been sourced from the public domain. Whilst CSI have made every effort to ensure that such images are in the public domain, if you consider that any images are in fact your property, please contact us immediately and we will arrange for such images to be removed.
Unless we state otherwise, you may view, download and print content on our site for domestic and personal purposes to place a request or to use this site as a resource. Any other use of the materials on this site including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution or republication, without the prior written consent of CSI is strictly prohibited.
You agree to indemnify CSI and its related companies, affiliates, employees, agents and representatives, and to hold them harmless from any and all damages, losses, taxes, duties, fees, expenses, claims and liabilities (including legal fees) ("Claims") that may arise from the use of the CSI website.
By using this site you accept that it is at your own risk. CSI accepts no liability arising from errors (including typographical errors) contained in, or any omissions from, this website.
Specific Product Terms of Purchase and Use
The following notices indicate that there may be specific terms of purchase and use with respect to certain CSI products and services that you may use: