- 139 (Registered)
Data cleaning is a waste of time.
If the data had been collected properly in the first place there wouldn’t be any cleaning to do, and you wouldn’t now be faced with the prospect of weeks of cleaning to get your dataset analysis-ready.
Worse still, your boss won’t understand why your analysis report isn’t on his desk yet, a mere 48 hours after he’s asked for it. Bless him, he doesn’t understand – he thinks that cleaning data is just about clicking a few buttons in Excel and – ta da! – it’s all done. Even a monkey can do that, right?
And – for good reason – you won’t get any help from statistics books either. Data is messy and cleaning it can be difficult, time-consuming and costly. Not to mention it’s the least sexy thing you can do with a dataset.
Yet you’ve still got to do it, because, well, someone has to…
But it doesn’t have to be so difficult. If you’re organised and follow a few simple rules your data cleaning processes can be simple, fast and effective.
Not to mention fun!
Well, not fun exactly, just not quite as coma-inducing.
Practical Data Cleaning explains the 19 most important tips about data cleaning with a focus on understanding your data, how to work with it, choose the right ways to analyse it, select the correct tools and how to interpret the results to get your data clean in double quick time.
Best of all, there is no technical jargon – it is written in plain English and is perfect for beginners!
Practical Data Cleaning is a thorough introduction to the basics of data cleaning and takes you through:
- Data Collection
- Data Cleaning
- Data Classification *Enhanced Section*
- Data Integrity
- Working Smarter, Not Harder
Why do things the difficult way when you can do them simply? It really is all about spending a little bit of quality time with your data, organising yourself and applying a simple, but repeatable process.
- learn to organise your datasets in a way that will save you time
- reduce the amount of mistakes you make when entering data into Excel
- become more productive
- get your results much faster
At the end of this course you will receive a certificate of completion. Post it to Facebook, your LinkedIn page or print it out and stick it on your wall. Just don’t throw darts at it, ok…
What You’ll Get
- 36 minutes of video content
- Practical Data Cleaning Excel Template
- Practical Data Cleaning Cheat-Sheet
- Learn the basic principles of data handling
- Learn how and why you should use multiple Excel worksheets
- Learn how to build a chronological flow to your data cleaning processes
- Learn how to detect when, how and why errors were introduced to your data
- Best suited for beginners
- Excel is used as a learning tool, but the lessons learned are transferable to other media
- Data files are provided for the student to practice with
- Practical learning experience with real data
- 36 minutes on-demand video
- Language: English
- Certificate of Completion