- 16 (Registered)
OK, so you might have a perfectly clean dataset, your favourite stats program is happy to run analyses on it, but are your data sensible and fit-for-purpose? This course will teach you how to make these checks, including running preliminary analyses on your dataset so you get a good understanding of the story that it’s trying to tell you, even before your ‘real’ analyses have begun. You’ll also learn how to remove outliers from your numerical data with a single step.
The 14 Day Data Cleaning Challenge
This course is Part 4 of our 14 Day Data Cleaning Challenge, where I’m going to teach you a method of data cleaning and preparation that I developed some years ago. It’s been tried and tested by hundreds of people, and it’s been tweaked along the way, improving it so that it’s always up-to-date and always works!
It will help you get your data clean and analysis-ready in minutes rather than weeks.
Yes, you read that correctly – minutes!
The 14D2C2 is a 14 day course that will take you through 1 hour of video lessons and practice sessions every day. In other words, with a 1 hour investment daily for 14 days you will become an expert in data collection, cleaning and preparation!
If you’re ready to take the 14D2C2, email me and I’ll send you the details to get started.
At the end of this course you will receive a certificate of completion. Post it to Facebook, your LinkedIn page or print it out and stick it on your wall. Just don’t throw darts at it, ok…
- Over 1 hour of video content!
- 1 hour of practice exercises
- Learn how to remove unwanted text data from your dataset
- Learn how to check that your data are sensible and fit-for-purpose
- Learn how to remove outliers with one ninja move
- Excel is used as a learning tool, but the lessons learned are transferable to other media
- Data files are provided for the student to practice with
- Practical learning experience with real data
Section 1 - Introduction to Data Integrity
Section 2 - How to Remove Unwanted Text Entries
Section 3 - How to Check that Your Numerical Data are Sensible
Section 4 - How to Remove Statistical Outliers
Section 5 - Data Integrity Recap
Section 6 - Your Next Steps
- Over 1 hour on-demand video
- Language: English
- Certificate of Completion